Founded in 1998 by Dr. Gery Wilkowski, Engineering Mechanics Corporation of Columbus (Emc2) is a privately-owned, for-profit, small business that conducts high-tech contract R&D for government clients in the nuclear and defense industries and commercial clients in the aeronautical, aerospace, and oil and gas industries. Originally founded as a high tech company providing unique solutions for pipeline integrity and safety issues using state-of-the art computational engineering analyses and testing for the oil/gas and nuclear power industries, Emc2 has broadened its scope over the last decade to include innovations and solutions in:
- Structural integrity of components and systems fabricated from metallic’s and polymers
- Plastic pipe analysis and plastic manufacturing processes
- Manufacturing process modeling for welded structures
- Probabilistic Mechanics
- Risk Analysis
- Product Development.
- Fluid Mechanics
We are both nationally and internationally recognized for developing innovative solutions that replicate “real world” behavior for structural integrity, process modeling, safety assessments and risk analysis of complex engineered systems and structures. Since 1998, we have completed over 470 projects for 179 different clients.
Technical Solutions and Services
Emc2 employs staff with a wide range of technical capabilities and experience that allow us to solve clients complex and difficult technical problems. Our “Core Competencies” include:
Advanced engineering analysis using state-of-the-art computer programs several of which were written and applied by Emc2 staff
Structural integrity of metallic and polymer structures
- Advanced material development, e.g. polymers and composites
- Full scale testing and specimen testing
- Probabilistic mechanics of metallic and composite structures including the impact of damage and aging
- Risk and Reliability analysis
- Engineering design
- Systems Engineering
- Product development and commercialization.